This holiday season, help us continue breaking boundaries…
Critical Point Theatre has had an amazing year and it’s all thanks to you.
- You tuned in to our podcast launch in February and listened and read over 8,000 times throughout the year. We put out a podcast an average of every five days.
- You attended the premiere of our brand new theatre experience When We Grow Up at Capital Fringe this summer.
- You viewed the first video in our ongoing Climaxes series – Breath Between
- You voted for The Grayscale in the AudioVerse Awards, giving us a whopping 20 nominations and 5 wins.
We firmly believe in the importance of using performance to promote the ideas of social and economic justice, like our multi-award winning episode Jess Dempsey, First Woman on Mars or our education program ESTEEM Arts Ensemble. We employ the use of storytelling in all its forms, stretching ourselves with a stunning array of media. And thanks to you, we’ve continued to do so since 2013.
Thanks for everything.
How YOU can help
Consider a year-end tax-deductible donation to Critical Point Theatre to help offset our costs in 2016.
Every dollar you spend goes toward ensuring we have the support we need to continue. Earlier this year, we were fortunate enough to acquire a subsidized artist work space in upper Manhattan at cornerstone STUDIOS.
If 10 people donated just $37, it would cover the entire cost of one month’s rent.
A single donation of $99 would cover the cost of hosting our podcasts online for the next year.
It’s the holiday season and money is tight. A monthly donation is a great way to spread out your giving over the course of the year. Even $5 a month goes a long way!
What’s up next for CPT?
Looking ahead to 2016, our plate is overflowing with opportunities and experiences.
- cornerstone STUDIOS Open Studio – Saturday December 5th. Come to 178 Bennett Avenue all Saturday and mingle with cornerstone artists, including CPT Artistic Director Julia Katz! Free beer from our sponsor, Dyckman Beer Co.
- This Sunday, December 6th we will be holding our first Flash Headshot Sale fundraiser. For info please contact us on social media or our website!
- Our next semiannual ensemble meeting takes place later this month, a time of growth and reflection with our current collaborators.
- <ph><f>reaking – an ongoing investigation into how web culture influences our perception of social justice and gender equality. We will be hosting Heather Barfield from the VORTEX Repertory in NYC to work on mutual projects exploring hacking in gendered dimensions thanks to a travel grant from the Network of Ensemble Theaters.
- Future work in short film with more from our Climaxes series
- Season 2 of our podcasts, including the award-winning The Grayscale
WANT MORE FROM CRITICAL POINT THEATRE? OF COURSE YOU DO.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCASTS ON ITUNES.
VISIT OUR WEBSITE.
DONATE TO OUR WORK.